Sunday, September 16, 2007

The inevitable problem with blogging

I've seen it happen at so many blogs.
It's happened here.
People think that, because they read your blog, they know all there is to know about you.
You may think that there couldn't possibly be more to my life than what I write. The reality is, you are granted a tiny glimpse into my life. That doesn't mean you know me.
Even our far away family will tell you that they don't really know us anymore, now that they don't have regular contact with us. They don't know what our kids are into, they don't know what Matt and I enjoy doing, what shows we watch, etc. That comes from a personal, daily relationship with a person.
Therefore, for a reader to have any kind of strong opinion about me and my family, is crazy.
You may think you know what is best for my kids. But you don't even know my kids. Meeting them once or twice, if at all, is far from knowing them.
I think it is so easy to get sucked into that trap of thinking I'm telling you every detail of our lives. That I'm telling you every quirk the kids have, every personality trait. But no. You really don't know much.
Please, try to refrain from judging me, based on what you read here. Based on what you think would surely be best for my family.
The bottom line is this...God gave our kids to Matt and me. He didn't give them to you. He is guiding us in bringing them up. Please, don't question what we do with them. Rest assured that we pray daily about how we bring them up, and feel very guided to do the things we do.
Thank you for taking this post into consideration before you email me, or spout off to someone else about us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes - what happened?

Anonymous said...

what in the world happen? i leave for a week and now i'm worried about you. ~hugs~

Sassymama said...

Hi Bekki it is Sabin. I found your blog and wanted to say hello! I also wanted to tell you I really liked your YouTube about homeschooling. Amazing!

Maria said...

wow....i hope everyone and thing is ok.....so sorry to hear that SOMETHING happen....

take care and GOD BLESS...

love,
maria & her boys

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I was reading your comments and I would like to share some ideas with you...

First of all, I am pretty sure that being a mother can be quite fun as well. I don't understand why some people think just about their own little world and base their conceptions on what they see and their own experience and judge anyone without really knowing who you are and what your life is about.

It's a shame that you can find people like that anywhere in the world. They like to judge you but they don't like to be judged.

Recently, I watched a report on BBC news about blogs and how people use that to get information about you and your life. I must agree about that point, that sometimes some people are so nasty that they use that against you and so on. You never know who is watching you and who is going to judge you. I am a little bit concerned about that, in terms of protection...

Anyway, I quite enjoy reading your blog. God bless you.

Regi